Driestar Hogeschool - University for Teacher Education
Driestar Hogeschool, part of Driestar Educatief, is a small-scale university with around 1,500 students. Our ambition is to offer programmes that are up-to-date and in touch with current teaching practice. Our programmes have all been ranked between first and fifth on the national rating lists for teacher training programmes. We offer several programmes.
- Bachelor’s programmes
- Bachelor of Education in primary education (children aged 4 to 12).
- Bachelor of Education in secondary education for the following subjects:
Dutch, English, German, Economics, History and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Educational Theory (Pedagogics).
- Master’s programmes
- Master in Learning and Innovation.
- Master in Special Educational Needs.
- Master in Instructional Leadership.
We encourage our students to consider who they are - the way they function in school, in church, in their families and in society. We focus on personal development and professional skills. We work and teach in small groups; the personal attention we give our students and the atmosphere of approachability at our university are some of the things we are proudest of.
Our university for teacher training ranks high on the list of colleges and universities in the Netherlands.
Our special fields of research are Christian teaching, English and Special Educational Needs.